What is it about summer cooking that reminds me of integrated marketing? I admit I’m not normal and look at life through a marketing lens. I often find myself evaluating marketing creative other than what we do at ZOOM Cross-Media.
I was caught at a weak moment at 2 am, and was intrigued by Celebrity Chef Brian Duffy’s StufZ Burger Press. Sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese fillings looked yummy, and so did the Chicken Cordon Bleu burger.
Yes I did buy the Burger Press, and it wasn’t long after that, I saw another interesting ‘as seen on TV’ product. The Veggetti is like a large pencil sharpener. You twist your fave vegetables through it, and outcomes long skinny strips. A cold cucumber and carrot salad with a vinegar dill dressing is delicious.
So how is summer cooking like a marketing campaign?
1) You typically don’t have a lot of time to prepare. Your campaign is around the corner, and you need to have your ingredients in place, so you can move forward with confidence.
2) You don’t have a lot of money to spend. Purchasing recipe ingredients can be expensive, so know your pantry to maximize your efforts within your budget.
3) What you have to work with isn’t always glamorous. There can be issues with your database or your website. However, don’t be paralyzed you can whip up a tasty dish with the right pieces.
4) It always takes more time than you think. Just like when you host a party, and run a little late in preparation it can be nerve-racking when you run close to a deadline. Set an aggressive timeline, and build in wiggle room.
5) Have a clear goal and develop a strategy that supports your objectives. Your guest will long remember a mushroom stuffed burger with caramelized onion cheddar cheese, versus a 100 hot dogs.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also enjoy Talk is Cheap in Integrated Marketing.
ZOOM Cross-Media is an integrated marketing expert specializing in direct mailing services, direct email marketing, social media consulting, SMS text marketing, and website content management systems. Celebrating five years in cross-media marketing. Serving the Sacramento and Bay Area community.
Small Business and Women-Based Enterprise certified.